205 GTI 999

Prezentacje posiadanych 205tek, krótkie opisy, historia i zdjęcia posiadanych samochodów.
Awatar użytkownika
cybernck
Nowicjusz
Numer Gadu-gadu: 0
Kontakt:

205 GTI 999

Post autor: cybernck »

After recently selling my Black 205 GTI 1.9, I haven't planned on buying another 205 GTI but this one was simply too good to pass.
XU9JAZ (1.9 Motronic Cat, 120 bhp). First registered in 1991, but it's a 1989 model. 205 GTIs are very rare in Bosnia (and we're not
able to import such old cars), let alone ones in original unmolested condition, that have never been crashed - actually, this must be
the best example in Bosnia! I wished to have such a 205 GTI but I didn't even know this one existed, up until recently - so, miracles
do happen! :)

Obrazek

However, the real reason I bought it is a tribute to a silver 205 GTI 1.9, which made me and my father fall in love with 205 GTIs,
20 years ago! You only live once and 205s have been a big part of my life so far, therefore I owed this one to buy it and cherish it.

Obrazek

It initially drove like a dream but all of a sudden developed some electric problems, which made it stall upon warm up. After quite
a bit of troubleshooting, I traced it to a duff ECU relay, but unfortunately the starter died because of all the cranking. Not exactly
what I was hoping I'd be doing with my "new" 205 in the first days of ownership :-(. I had to get the PAS bottle fixed too.

Obrazek

The tail lamps were the biggest bodge-up I've ever seen on a 205 - a mixture of Ph1 electrics, Ph2 reflectors and a Ph2 cover
and no revers lamp! I replaced the tail lamps for Ph1 items. I put some old orange front indicators on it too, for the retro look
and becuase one of the clear ones fell apart. The car back together and it fired up straight away and ran for 20 minutes with
no problems... and then the same problem came back! I was devastated. Spent next couple of days replacing EVERYTHING
electrical. It turned out to be a duff rotor arm in the end.

Obrazek

The car got it's first wash, at last! Then it was time for an obligatory photosession. A dull day, but it pics came out not too bad.
As it stands, it's completely original, even has the original faded bumpers, except for the aftermarket lower driving/spot lamps.

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

It's got the early interior - to be honest, I've always hated it and preferred the later black/red chequer trim, but it has grown on me,
as it goes really well with silver exterior. No rips, holes or missing bits. Only one of the driver's side seat bolsters is a little bit saggy.
Seats and carpet could do with a wash but that will have to wait for spring.

Obrazek

And the small, but all-important, finishing touch!

Obrazek

Not quite sure about the plans with the car, I'll give it some more thought and present my ideas later.

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999
Munne
Peugeot 205 Master
Numer Gadu-gadu: 10090927

Re: 205 GTI 999

Post autor: Munne »

Good for you, the car looks to be in fine condition!!!
Kazda morda pasuje do Forda!
Awatar użytkownika
DJPreZes
Posiadany PUG: Roland Garros/307
Numer Gadu-gadu: 2516096

Post autor: DJPreZes »

Well... I don't know why you don't like this type of interior - this one is my favourite of GTI types.
Peugeot 205 Roland Garros Cabrio
Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
RafGentry
Posiadany PUG: GTI Griffe, GTI LeMans, GTI, CTI, XRD, XS, Indiana, 405 STDT
Kontakt:

Post autor: RafGentry »

Nice GTI mate!
It looks really clean and tidy. I noticed the power steerring, it's not very common.
The keyrings rocks!

BTW: how much did You pay?
Awatar użytkownika
cybernck
Nowicjusz
Kontakt:

It looked dated to me, but I seem to like the retro-ness of 205's now, so I've started to like this interior :).

The car cost me 2200 Euros, out of which it was 400 for ownership transfer and new registration, insurance etc.

Not a bargain, but still worth it.
Awatar użytkownika
Para
Peugeot 205 Master
Posiadany PUG: najlepszy
Numer Gadu-gadu: 1559591
Kontakt:

Post autor: Para »

Nice catch ! It's definitely in good hands now and that's the most important :)

I can see that first thing you did was took some parts out and put them back again :lol: ! Will it fit 3 engines ? 8)
Peugeot 205 GTI S16 - Galeria
Peugeot 205 GTI GTI6 2.0 - Galeria
Megane Coupe 1.4
Obrazek
NIE PYTAJ CO KLUB MOŻE ZROBIĆ DLA CIEBIE, TYLKO CO TY MOŻESZ ZROBIĆ DLA KLUBU
Awatar użytkownika
cybernck
Nowicjusz
Kontakt:

Wow, I can't believe that I got the car nearly two years ago now and I've not done any work on it since,
except having to repair the radiator, but I've just started making it nicer and better, so you can expect
an update soon! :)
Awatar użytkownika
cybernck
Nowicjusz
Kontakt:

Nearly two years and only 4000 km later, we're in September 2011. Better late than never - starting a small
overhaul from inside out. Dirty interior was making me sick and I was eagerly awaiting to see it out.

Obrazek

Fashionable red carpet, one of the 205 GTI iconic features, was past its best too and also going out.

Obrazek

Everything removed and sent to an upholsterer, for side bolsters repair and general tidy-up.

Obrazek

A classic example of side bolster damage. It's actually not too extensive, especially not on the other seat.
It was an easy job for the professional. Next up, the cleaners.

Obrazek

Meanwhile, since about half of the bulbs had been blown, I took the dash apart and changed them.

Obrazek

At the same time, I got a better condition steering wheel, gear knob and gear gator from my parts collection :)

Obrazek

To be continued...

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999?page=2
Awatar użytkownika
cybernck
Nowicjusz
Kontakt:

With the interior parts back from the cleaners, the first job was to put the clean carpet back in the car.
I've also put the dash back together. What a massive difference! Apart from some fade in the driver's
footwell, it looks pristine.

Obrazek

The rear seats - fitted back in place looking like they've never been sat on.

Obrazek

The finished front seats look pretty good! Also, I swapped the sides to even out the wear, so my passenger
side seat is now my driver's seat.

Obrazek

All done! I'm now in love with the interior :). Ironically, new floor mats I've had on my disposal have "Tuning"
written on them, haha. As you can see, the reclining adjuster is on the outside side now, so the lower plastic
cover can't be used, but I don't really miss it :).

Obrazek

205 GTI dash layout and illumination - a fascination from my childhood days.

Obrazek

All in all, I'm very pleased with the results - it was well worth the effort!

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999?page=3
Awatar użytkownika
RafGentry
Posiadany PUG: GTI Griffe, GTI LeMans, GTI, CTI, XRD, XS, Indiana, 405 STDT
Kontakt:

Post autor: RafGentry »

Clean and tidy. Well done! Keep up the good work mate! :)

P.S.
I told You, this car needs new floor mats ;)
Awatar użytkownika
cybernck
Nowicjusz
Kontakt:

To firm up and lower the suspension a bit, I've installed Koni Sport adjustable shocks absorbers with
Jamex -30 mm springs and BakerBM Grp.N top mounts in the front of the car...

Obrazek

...and matching Koni Sport adjustable dampers in the rear. I haven't altered the rear beam height.

Obrazek

Full size photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999?page=3
Awatar użytkownika
cybernck
Nowicjusz
Kontakt:

Meanwhile, I got offered a Phase 2 Miami Blue 1.9 - a car I've been dreaming about
for many years, as I've never had a Ph2 205 GTI and it was my favourite colour for
that model, so I've simply had to buy it.

Obrazek

Unfortunately, with both of them in need of restoration, one had to go. I decided
in favour of the Miami Blue and eventually managed to sell the Silver one. I'm not
happy about it but I've had no other choice.

Obrazek

BYE BYE 205 GTI 999! :-(

Full size photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999?page=3
ODPOWIEDZ